A cheap and cheerful guide to recording Audio
Paul Parkinson of Podcast User Magazine and I got together to produce a simple guide to cheap and cheeful recording. Among the various methods of recording we tried were:
- Recording using a £10 headset into my laptop
- Recording using a Nokia mobile phone
- Recording using an £20 iriver mp3 player (the ir799 family but the 256mb version)
- Recording using an Edirol and Beyer mic
- Recording using an Edirol and a £1 mic
FYI we recorded it all down a local pub and didn't apply compression or EQ to any of it. Edited it all in Audacity.
I think the results were quite suprising. You can download the whole thing here
The comments to this entry are closed.